Friday, January 18, 2013

This isn't just about the destination

So I thought after the holidays things would slow down. I'm not even sure what "normal" is around my house anymore, to be honest. It seems to change every time I just about get the hang of things... I was thinking about my blog the other day and I hated that I hadn't done as well as I would have liked and I was going to have to post that I'm still bouncing between the same 3 pounds but no lower. Its aggravating to me and more annoying than you can imagine. But weight loss isn't magic and if you can't give out 100%, you can't expect to get 100% of your desired results. And I think my life is a prime example of how much of a daily struggle or even the lifetime struggle that weight loss is, you know?

I would love to be one of those blog stories that post weight loss numbers every week and show how easy eating healthy is and how you can change so much in a year. I have changed a lot and learned a lot... my body just doesn't seem to follow like I want it to. Maybe its because the weight was due to the many steroids from the Cushing's disease? I don't know... and have never found anyone who DOES know if it comes off the same as say excess calorie weight gain. My guess is that steroid weight gain is extremely stubborn.

So... you want honesty? Here it is. I am committing to 100% in the next month and want to see weight loss. I can do this healthy. I can do this right.... and I really want to show that I DO work hard at this and I DO want this.

No comments:

Post a Comment