Friday, July 13, 2012

Out of excuses via the teadmill :)

I've really started exercising this week (I know, I've been complaining about needing to do it for a few months now and never got off my butt to get started) My wonderful daddy and mommy happened to have a treadmill at their house that didn't get much use. I asked to borrow it for a while and now its at my house! I'm so appreciative of this! Here it is.... in the very front room of my house... also my "office" room. (all fancy camera phone shot :/) Basically, no matter where I am in my house... I can't run away from it or camouflage it with clothes hangers!


I finally have not one single excuse left to use. And I intend to use it every day.

OK, please don't laugh at me. I have a question and I'm not really sure where else to ask this. "I don't like to sweat"is the understatement of the year. I hate it. I feel so gross. I've given it a shot before and honestly its the sweating that stops me from exercising routines more than the routines themselves. (ridiculous... I know) My skin hates it too... If I sweat too much... and it doesn't take much, it soon starts to break out and (no pun intended but...) thats my breaking point. I have good skin and I enjoy that part of myself.

Is it really necessary to sweat to get the full effects of a work out? I know sweating helps to get out impurities from your body blah blah... but if you look there is a shelf right in front of the treadmill and I was thinking tonight that I could totally put up little desk fan on top of it and blow it right on me while I'm walking. Cooler and less sweaty icky-ness. Will I still get the full effects of my workout?

______________________

Another topic, I was in the shower tonight (not to worry, this is totally rated G) and I bent down to wash my feet and legs and I noticed some lovely definition in both of my calf muscles! They were both flexed at the time, but still! The fact that the muscles are actually able to make an appearance under what used to be completely covered in chunky fat and water retention... amazing!! :) I've been doing calf raises while in the kitchen off and on and around the house just to squeeze something else into my day. I love tiny little victories!

Still no real weight loss but maybe my body is just bored again. I've been on a lower calorie diet for a while now with no real variation. Hopefully the extra exercising will help kick me out of this stale spot. ..............Heres to seeing some changes next week, hopefully! Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment