Friday, November 20, 2015

Quit yer wine'nin... the scale is moving!

What can I say? I've struggled with weight loss lately, what else is new and I've never been the type to sit here and wine at how awful the weight loss situation is, because really? In the big scheme of things, its a minor problem. I've still got my family, my friends, my health (for the most part) we're not starving obviously or dealing with any major crisis... life moves on I've learned to control what I can and then let go of the rest. (sometimes still trying to learn... I didn't say I perfected it yet) 

I get in moods where I'm all sad and 'why can't I eat donuts and lose weight? like why can't things just go my way for once?' ....And then I think how somewhere someone just got the diagnosis of cancer or someone found out they've lost their job just before the holidays etc etc and then I feel petty and while I think its ok to wallow in a bit of selfishness for an allotted time, its good to keep it in perspective and quit yer wine'nin, get up, dry your tears and move on. Count yer blessins. You got this.

So I've been doing that. Keeping trucking on and sticking to the very basics of healthy living. Good food when you can, no all out over indulging, and staying active with exercise, taking care of the mind body and soul..... BUT..... FOR-THE-LOVE! The DANG scale has been at a complete stall for so many STUPID months now. And I am starting to lose my patience. Can I say that? I looked back in my weight records from MyFitnessPal and I had been within the same stupid 5 pound range since September 9th. SEPTEMBER 9TH! That seems like forever ago! -- Now I have had progress show in other ways. I can tell my legs are more muscular, my endurance is longer and stronger... I know I've lost inches because I take measurements. (I'm so glad I do) Its hasn't been ALL a disappointment but at some point the scale has got to budge right?

I'm not the type of girl to have her heart set on a certain scale number to fuel her happiness, but I'm not a body builder and I'm not in any way shape or form full of solid raw muscle over here so.... 260 pounds is not a point where I'm willing to just stop and settle because 'it's better than what I used to be at 400 pounds, right?'

Well, friends... Please stand with me and get ready to do the happy dance! It happened! I finally broke through the plateau and I'm soooooooooooo happy! Words can not express how happy I am to be less once again! It happened the other day but I didn't want to prematurely get my hopes up if it just happened to be a fluke. I have changed some things up diet wise, but I don't really feel like going into it because its all relatively new to me and I'm still figuring it out, but obviously my body is responding will to the change. 

No big promises to make of weight loss goals for the end of the year or anything... let just say... 249.9, I'm coming for you! I JUST surpassed my lowest of 258.4 and while I'm still elated to see a 5 in the middle digits.... I would be even more so with a 4, Someday somehow.  Its going to happen. 

Also, just a side note, but if you find yourself struggling with your own weight or need any advice or clarification on good plans to choose... I'm always up for discussion. I've spent literally over 1/2 my life trying to sort this stuff out. While I don't have the magic formula (obviously) I do think I'm fairly well educated on nutrition.... I can sure tell you what NOT to do lol Just putting that out there, I'll gladly share whatever wisdom I have acquired :).

No comments:

Post a Comment