Monday, March 16, 2015

The best is yet to come

Ugh. I don't even want to write today. But I'm going to. Because I need to. Because if I'm going to be honest with myself. I need to do it all.the.time. Not just when things are going good and all times are happy times. Then thats not really being honest is it? Reality is... there are ups and downs.

So in my last blog, I was pumped. I was happy. Things were going great... For 2 weeks I was on point. Doing things by the book and actually successful at weight loss.......... Then came a meal where I made an exception. We had plans and it was easier to sacrifice (just one time, right?) my solid routine for one that was easier at the time. I had every intention of it just being a one time thing. "Everything in moderation", right? The following day, we had more plans and I made another exception when it came to my water intake and I didn't drink as much as I had before. (more like we were going to be gone all day and I didn't think I'd have access to a bathroom at any given minute. That is important stuff to think about, people) Nothing really major. No leaping off the wagon. I had every intention of getting back to my healthy routine. But then... I didn't. I never binged or went insane on an entire box of pizza or anything. I just kept making excuses.... exceptions, tiny things that were just slightly off track....

My birthday was reason to celebrate. You know me. You know there was lots of cake involved.

If I was down at my goal weight... I could totally ROCK the maintaining stage. I'm good at that. BUT *wake up call* I ain't there yet. I'm not comfortable maintaining.... THIS. I need to keep myself motivated and in the weight loss frame of mind for a while longer.

It took a little less than 2 weeks for me to really step back and say woah... enough is enough. And I've stepped back up my (insane amount of) water intake again. I'm back on track with my eating as well. I'm trowing out the scale for a little bit too. I tend to be a little obsessive and the scale controls the happy or sad attitude for the day sometimes. (I know its stupid, I know its wrong.... reasoning with me won't help)

Just ONCE... I'd like to say that I didn't give up. JUST ONCE I want to not give in and not let the opportunity for progress slip away from me. JUST ONCE I'd like to quit making excuses and lose this weight........... what is it going to take?

A friend told me something the other day "YOU are the only one who can do it for YOU. Now... go do it." ..... Go.Do.It has been rolling around in my head for a few days now and it think its down in my bones finally. I feel it to my core and I feel inspired, revitalized and uplifted....



I don't know how long the scale will stay away for. A week maybe? We'll see what happens.

Hopefully... no no, not hopefully.... this week WILL be on point and I will not let anything stop me from taking care of me. Sacrificing bits here and there come at what cost to my own success? A price too high to pay.

What keeps you motivated?



No comments:

Post a Comment