Saturday, March 30, 2013

Time is ticking away

Time is tick tick ticking away. I gotta keep going. I'm still doing a lot of reflecting and examining of the choices I've made over the past few years..... were they good ones? Did I become a better person because of them? Do the things that meant so much to me back then still hold the same place in my heart?

I'm definitely making healthier choices in my life. I've added exercise to my routines... juicing more veggies in the last month than I ate all last year probably!... and even ones I don't like too. Its amazing what you can hide with the juice of a green apple :)

My favorite juice right now (pretty much every day) is:
- A whole cucumber (which I HATE and will totally give to anyone else at the table if we're out and order salads)
- Hand full of spinach or kale... or both
- Lots of celery (also hate... have a strong dislike for)
- Lettuce or whatever else I have in my fridge
Aaaaaand a green apple. Its weird, I don't normally like green apples. Not by themselves anyways. But somehow in my juices.... it works.

Things not to juice! ...or things that did not work out so well (so far)
- Tomatoes... I'd rather have them in warm soup form.
- broccoli... terrible.
- and some weird mexican cactus stuff I saw on a bunch of juice blogs... Maybe I did it wrong or something but I don't care what health benefits it has. its not worth it for me lol

Another fairly big project going on around my house.... I planted my own garden in the back yard. (if you know me well, you know I have serious issues with gardening... I'm trying to work through them.) I have a lot of different plants... tomatoes, cucumbers, green onion, kale, jalapenos (I'll give you 1 guess who those are for! not me!), basil, zucchini and mint. start with many, and hope for the best is my line of thinking. But it sure is cute right? :)


I can see a shift in my thinking and trying new things.... maybe its getting older and maturity... who knows. 5 years ago, I would have never thought I would have my own garden. I don't really even like fake plants.

before: gluten free? I don't even know what gluten is, but its apparently something I love because without it, things are kind of gross.
now: sure. what the heck, I'll try it..... verdict: not too bad.

before: no thank you, exercise... I don't like to sweat.
now: sweat? hell no, I glisten!

I could go on but I think you get the point...... :)

Things are getting better... Its become easier to just try new things without the fear of failing.  I mean honestly, at this point... what do I have to lose?


No comments:

Post a Comment