Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 1 Rock Star Challenge

I'm posting this because I feel like its a little known (but awesome) tip.... and its seriously changed my life (well, parts of it anyways :) 

If I'm the last person on the earth to know this, I apologize in advance.

Did you know there are different ways that you can lace your shoes to make them more comfortable or to help customize your shoes for your feet?

I didn't. 

I have a high instep. (Which is Dr term for I can never find any cute sandals except for flip flops) The top of my foot has more of an incline than most people's feet.

This is what my shoe laces look like after I laced them 'correctly'...
It made a HUGE difference in comfort that I didn't even know existed in tennis shoes. who knew, right? My shoes weren't uncomfortable before... but I've always preferred to be barefoot.

There are solutions for wide feet, narrow feet, if your heel slips, if your shoe feels too tight... I don't think I even want to know what "black toenails" is... but there is a solution for that too!

You can find the different solutions on this website.

I forgot to post on my last blog the link to the page that explains (in detail) each of the leg exercises I posted. AND I kind of stole her pictures too... I really should give her/them? the credit for it. here you go :) The Best Thigh Exercises

I'm also starting my Rock Star Mommy Challenge today.

(BLAH, I hate this part.....) Here is my starting numbers.....

August 3, 2012 - Day 1

Weight: 278.6 (totally holding onto some water this week ugh please go away!)
Waist: 48
Hips: 53
Chest: 46
Right Arm: 16
Left Arm: 16
Right Thigh: 25.75
Left Thigh: 25.75
Body Fat: 42.85% (according to this site using the tape measure method.) It also tells me my Lean body weight should be 158.89 pounds.... I seriously don't see that ever happening, but whatever. Between you and me, my ultimate goal is somewhere around 200. I think my days of possibly looking like a victoria secret model are over and done. The ship has sailed and I'm over it... I just want to be healthy and wear cute clothes lol

Oh! Oh! and one more thing before I end this today.... I FINALLY GOT IT IN THE MAIL!!!!
My old scale was giving me issues. I'd step off, step back on to double check the weight loss numbers and in those 3 seconds, I'd gain 2 pounds???? So I finally had enough, did some research and found this scale on amazon had 4.6/5 stars and over 6,000 reviews. Less than $30 (free shipping!)... and now its mine :) (here is the amazon link FYI) 

This  weekend, I plan on relaxing with my kiddos and getting in some extra treadmill time (a momma can hope!).  I hope you enjoy yours! -- I think today is national watermellon day? ... or was it yesterday?... It doesn't matter! Just go celebrate it with a big yummy family picnic! :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment