Sunday, October 11, 2015

Over Indulging

What a fun weekend its been around here! My little girl turned 7 and according to her, I threw her the "BEST BIRTHDAY PARTY EVER!" :) ....but I'll tell you what, this momma is TIRED lol For the last week its was pretty much my focus to get things purchased and organized and go totally overboard in my usual fashion. (I can't help it....DIY is my friend) So by the time that Friday came, I knew exactly what needed to be done and had a list with no less than 25 things on it... only because the day before I had completed another list with about that many items on it. Things went smoothly and everything went perfectly. Event = success. Until later that evening when I realized that the only things I had had to eat all day were a granola bar and a sneaking tiny bites of chips all day long, then pizza and a cupcake (which I made so I thoroughly enjoyed). And I felt not only tired, but also just yuck.

I feel like I'm fighting getting sick too with all the allergies around here. I'm not quite sick yet, but I feel like the germs have locked target on me and are circling in for the kill and my inevitable doom. nasonex, vitamin C and and tissues - oh my!

Thinking over the last week...I've made decent decisions when it comes to food, but I've also not said no thank you to very much. I don't usually go overboard like I'm never going to eat again, but I don't feel like I'm eating like I want to lose weight either. The scale is pretty much frozen right now. I feel like if I were at my goal weight, I could totally rock the maintaining stage. Like, I got this balance thing down.... but I'm not there yet. I've still managed to get my workout times in this week, but I'm a firm believer in the fact that you can't out-exercise a bad diet. And I've had a pretty bad diet.

This has been the only constant in my journey to be 'less'... constant change - overall evaluation, tweaking and editing, shaking things up, re-evaluating and trying new things to re-focus toward the goals that I have. No one thing has really worked for me. At this time in the world, I think we're wired to pay attention to the things that are 'easy' and 'quick fix'... whatever is working for someone else, must work for us too, right?... But the truth is, its not easy. At least in my experience, it never is. It is 100% easier to sit on the couch than it is to get up and go work out. It is 100% easier to go through the drive thru for a $0.99 hamburger than it is to go home and cook a solid healthy dinner. BUT its not easier to look at yourself in the mirror everyday when you're not feeling like you're living up to your potential.... the point is, you have to choose your hard. Choose your sacrifice. 

Right now, I need to quit feeling like 'I got this' and re-focus for weight loss mode again. The holidays are coming up and... like a lot of people, I like to stretch out the celebrations into a 3 month party. But I also want to wake up in the spring and not be sad that I barely made any progress. How many times have I been here? oh like 3 hundred thousand times or something (probably more, I'm being modest here). But its better than giving up so I don't have any shame or guilt even though the scale isn't moving right now, I have seen improvement over the last few months. I'm loving the gym right now. It was a good move for me. I'm so happy that I decided to join. I don't use half of the equipment in there... yet... but I'm starting to research more into the weights and what I need/want to work on. I may as well use what is available. Also, HIIT training. its no joke. I'm still super new to it, still learning... and the old me would have said an absolute 'no.' to completely destroying myself into a puddle of exhaustion.... but 20 minutes vs. an hour on the treadmill?.... In mom talk, and the more recent version of myself says... YES, please. Constant progress, constant learning and never getting too comfortable with where I am when I know that there is more meant for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment