Monday, February 18, 2013

Week 1 of 8 Running towards the 5K

I kind of really got off track diet wise last week... I don't really know what happened. I didn't do terrible or go binging or anything crazy... I just got really comfortable in what I was doing for the past 3 weeks and thought I could take things on my own like I was an expert or something. No, my friends, I am not an expert and while I know a lot, nutrition wise, when it comes down to it I still don't have it all together. 

My goal this week is to pretend that I'm new at this again and at every single meal time, look at my meal plan like I've never seen it before and follow it exactly. To assume... I know nothing. I don't even see quitting as an option. I have been eating healthier and I have no desire to eat 'unhealthy' again. (except when it comes to cupcakes.... but thats another story for another time)

I do have good news though. I completed my first week of training for the 5K!!... and I didn't DIE!!! :) *big happy dance* LOL I know it'll get progressively harder and more challenging but I am very pleased with the progress I can see in myself so far. I really really have a strong desire to see this through and own that 3 point something miles! 

I took the weekend off of running. I have noticed the tops of my feet get kind of swollen and a little tender after running. I looked it up on the internet and the only real solution I found was to stop running. Seriously? I JUST started. There is also ice afterwards and the option of getting better shoes... I was just wondering if anyone else had any advice? I've spent 28 years NOT running, now I'm really starting to get into it... I don't want to hurt myself or make anything worse. Last week I had a day of rest in between my running days and I took the weekend off. M,W,F basically. Any tips would be great, please :)

Grocery shopping today and playing with the kiddos. I need to start week 2 of 5K training, but the weather is pretty icky outside and not making it easy to really do anything today but be lazy. I'll get it done though. 

Hope you have a good Monday!

--Christen

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Chris, I ran when I was in the Army, mainly cuz there was someone next to me yelling at me to "Run farther, run faster..." Usually enjoy running if there is a ball of some kind involved :-)
    Nowadays I run only if someone is chasing me!

    Mike H

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a saying that I like (which until recently was true)...

    "If you see me running, you had better run too because something is chasing me." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go to Fleet Feet or Lukes Locker and get fitted for shoes - they are best!!!

    ReplyDelete