Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Can you pass me the chocolate?.... oh.... wait.

Today kinda sucked (fair warning here.... maybe a little TMI) I'm on my period and I feel like a water balloon. Why oh why does my uterus want to kill me?? All I've wanted to eat today is comfort foods... i.e. chocolate and potato chips. But I can't... because we don't have any in the house. I'm kind of half proud of myself and half mad at myself for not planning ahead. (is that even possible?) I went grocery shopping just yesterday. So we have plenty of food in the house... just nothing I feel like eating because I didn't come home with anything unhealthy!... And I had $19 in coupons. Yay me. I felt very accomplished and proud of myself. Just look at the centerpiece of my kitchen! So yummy and colorful!

eh... I'll get over it and be back to myself in a few days. I'm glad I don't have endless unhealthy choices right now because will power is out.the.window.

This next photo, I took a few weeks ago, but I feel like I need to share my lesson learned. Brands do their best to make you think you can have your cake and eat it too, so to say. Sometimes things that seem too good to be true.... REALLY are too good to be true. See below........
150 calories for the whole pint of ice cream?! ... AND lactose intolerant friendly?!? WHAT is this stuff made of????.... Heaven??? ................... and the answer to that question..... is no, no it isn't. It is one full pint of terrible disappointment. lol I should have known better, but you can't blame me for trying, right?... and really... maple vanilla? Who came up with that one?

One really good find I've stumbled across though is this beauty... Flavored cool whip. Interesting idea, right?
And actually... it is really really tasty. Cool whip is famous in the atkins/low carb diet circle for having nearly no carbs and being limitless in the possibilities in the kitchen. Me?... I prefer it with a spoon, but sometimes late at night.... even that is optional. I'm brainstorming on how I can experiment with this in my kitchen. Any suggestions? Has anyone else seen this before?

I'm going to go put on some stretch pants and curl up in bed. I'm spent for the day. Tomorrow will be a healthier day.... Goodnight, my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Ummmm...I love your fruit basket. Its not a chocolate treat, but its SO yummy. Take about ten mangos, slice and peel them, squeeze juice of one lemon and add white sugar, or splenda to taste. Not a lot of sugar, its your preference. Blend it all up in the blend until smooth. Pour into ramekins and freeze. Makes for a wonderful creamy frozen dessert, that's great tasting!

    Now onto a chocolate alternative. Do you have a cheat day or cheat meal a week or in the month? Perhaps save that cheat for when your on your cycle...? I don't remember the recipe, but its an Atkins low carb chocolate peanut butter drops. Its SO good and it was about 1 carb a drop. It was made with ricotta cheese. Or just search online for low carb chocolate desserts. The thing is...that will power. You can't eat the whole batch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should schedule my cheat days. But you know how it is with kids! Some days we're just flying by the seat of our pants and living in the moment because our brain can't possibly handle anymore! But thats life!

      Delete